MCCIA Member Benefits
Who We Are
MCCIA is an independent, non-profit organization established in 1987 by a few CI men with a vision. The primary purposes of the association are to:
- Foster fraternal relations among retired, active, and former members of Marine Corps Counterintelligence.
- Provide useful services for members and their dependents and survivors
- Serve the community and the nation.
Today, MCCIA continues to hold true to the vision of its founders while continually striving to extend the benefits of membership to the entire Marine Corps CI community. MCCIA is a vibrant, dynamic organization constantly adapting to the needs and desires of its membership.
- Membership is open to Marines currently serving, or having formerly honorably served, in the active or reserve components of the United States Marine Corps; who have been awarded a counterintelligence Military Occupational Specialty by competent authority in accordance with Marine Corps directives in effect at the time of their service, and have honorably served as a Counterintelligence Marine.
Why You Should Join MCCIA
The benefits of membership in MCCIA are many. Here are just a few:
- As an MCCIA member, you will have the opportunity to network and make connections to aid your personal and professional life.
- The Activity Report, our quarterly MCCIA Newsletter will keep you informed of events and happenings within the Association. You'll find news contributions from the field and the NMITC Schoolhouse. Some of our feature articles are stories about what our CI Marines are doing today in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other locales wherever Marine Forces are deployed. The battle for An-Nasiriyah, the fall of Saigon, and CI operations in Somalia, are just some of the Marine CI stories featured in the AR. Books on military history (and some fiction) and intelligence are reviewed and recommended for personal and professional development.
- The MCCIA Discussion List allows members to communicate on a variety of topics that are generally of interest to all members on the List. Whether passing the word on a CI member in poor health, celebrating the birth of a future Marine, or discussing the organization of Marine Corps CI, the List gets the word out to all subscribers.
- On the Internet, MCCIA presents one of the most comprehensive web sites of its kind. A secure area for Members Only provides contact information for other members, event registration, online voting, articles, reports, autobiographies, photos and many other features.
- Online Membership Rosters with contact information. Note: Members have the option of not listing their name or contact information in the roster.
- MCCIA has an active awards program which includes recognizing the honor graduate of each Basic CI Course. Working with HQMC and the active duty forces, MCCIA also presents MCCIA Superior Achievement Awards each year to recognize significant contributions by Marines in the Active and Reserve forces.
- Each year, MCCIA awards one or more scholarships to eligible family members of MCCIA members.
- Annual meetings and regional gatherings provide an opportunity for members and their families to renew old friendships and make new friends. Association business is discussed at our Annual Meeting, with opportunities for members to provide their input.
- By far, the most important benefit of membership in MCCIA is the camaraderie and support shared between members. Whether old or young, active duty or retired, friendships are made for life. Spouses and family members are an integral part of our MCCIA family as well. Like the Corps itself, our bonds are unbreakable.